4.03.2008

Funky Bread

I got the Afghan bread called Barbary Bread the other day. It's like a mix of Nan and Pita bread. One thing that caught my eyes and made me want to try it was the length of the bread. It was at least two feet long. I couldn't help but purchase it and taste it on my own! Indeed, that day I was searching for pita bread to finish off my hummus. This bread looked tasty and more than that, I've never seen a bread so long :) I love to try new things, so without any doubt I decided to buy it. The boy who worked there was actually super friendly and recommended me to try this since I liked pita. He was a good businessman for a little kid.

Pie (my orange tabby cat) looks smaller when he's placed right next to the bread.

The label said "Bread is made fresh with no additives or preservatives to ensure a home made flavor that is good for health." I liked the sound of it :D Without additives and preservatives, the bread is fresh for about 10 days. After that you probably want to cut them into pieces and freeze. I tried the bread for two days. This bread is like endless. After having some, it still looks the same length as I had bought it. In 3 days, it got moldy. I felt tricked because it said it is good for 10 freaking days! Oh well.

It is a very light flavor bread and isn't salty. It was good with the hummus and olive tapanade. Next time I get this bread, I will try a turkey sandwich :)

No comments: