4.15.2008

マタタビ一家 (catnip fam)

taken on 04.15.2008

...is growing :)

03.16.2008
I've been wanted to use this bowl for something since the day I got it (Pot 1 in the photo below). I finally bought more soil and catnip seeds, so decided to sow. Last time I bought the grown-up catnip, my cats loved it. They ate the leaves and rolled around after. I thought it would be nice to have a small catnip paradise for my babies. I think I sowed seeds a few weeks earlier than I was supposed to.

My catnip diary on the wall

Pot 01

Pot 02

Pot 03: I had an extra pot and (expired) leftover seeds. Why not.
I have more soil, therefore another pot.


03.21.2008
Despite the weather and my worries, Pot 03 had the first buds coming out. I didn't expect these seeds to grow since they were already expired. I've never had much of a "green thumb," so I was EXCITED! I think that caused me to leave the pot on the windowsill which is within Shoni's range. I just wanted Pot 03 to get more sunlight to help them grow stronger. After a few hours, all the new buds were gone. Before they became fully grown, Shoni had a sampling...

Pot 03. Look at the cute new lives :)

03.25.2008
Now, Pot 02 has a bud coming out. I carefully place it, so Shoni won't destroy it before I can really have the catnip paradise for the two of them. I still haven't seen anything happening on Pot 01. It started making me worried. Maybe I watered it too much.

04.15.2008
I noticed that Pot 01 finally had a few buds coming out. Yesterday while I was half wasted, I noticed there's SO MANY buds! (First picture on top of this entry) I didn't really believe myself since I wasn't exactly feeling right. I took a look again this morning. Whoooo! Pot 01 finally has lots of buds.

To be continued...

No comments: