6.21.2007

Unconditinal Love.

[Migrant Mother, Dorothea Lange]

Mothers are incredible. The love, the support, and the care they have for their own children are unconditional. They will share your pain and happiness. They will always be there for you no matter what. Maybe it's exaggerated, but I know mothers [maybe I shouldn't leave out a paternal role.] will give their own lives to help their children.

I don't think I have done any of "oyakoukou - 親孝行" for my parents. [oyakoukou - be devoted to one's parents...] Maybe if I say this, it sounds cheap... but oyakoukou doesn't necessary mean getting some superfluous materials for them. I truly believe that being healthy and happy about my life are one of the things my parents want for me and my brother. Also, I'm not doing anything they don't appreciate me to... like being an alcoholic or prostitute.. so what I am right now counts as I'm devoted to my parents?!

My mother loves to chat. She can spend hours just talking about anything over the phone. I feel [but not that it is a duty] that this is one of the things I can do with her: listen to what she wants to talk about. It's not like she has nobody else to talk to... but there's certain things she doesn't wanna share with every single person.. like problems among family members. She knows we both don't judge each other no matter what. It is easier for her to share her stories with me.

I hope along these upcoming years, I can be there for my parents as they have always been here for me. I respect them with dignity and I am glad that they are my parents.

No comments: