6.08.2007

Perfect vs. Imperfect

[ image from website.]

Nobody is perfect.

Everyone is with flaws whether it's good or bad. Each individual has its own strengths and weaknesses. That makes everybody a human. It's natural to have these things. If we don't fail at anything at all, we would be like programmed robots. [Thanks to the word, Tom :P] Weaknesses make harmony in human relationships where people help each other and compensate for ones' missing parts. If you are free from faults and nearly perfect, I would say, I'm almost scared of you. Having weaknesses is not equal to failing at things. You are not a failure just because you couldn't achieve what you dreamed of or tended to do. You fail at things if you don't try at all.

Lately, I feel that if we don't control what we could be able to is almost the same as failing. ["Failing" might be too harsh to use..] You are the one who let it happen when you knew you could do something better instead. For instance, eating healthy is your choice. Eating unhealthy is also your choice. You can control situations. I'm not saying you should have self-discipline all the freaking time... I hope you get the point. If you feel guilty doing stuff afterwards.. why would you let it happens? Nothing is an ideal scapegoat. It's always temporary. If you know you are doing something you don't want to do, why won't you put the energy into a different direction. If you don't like the situation, just change it. If you can't change the situation, leave it. If you can't leave it, try to get help. There's always someone who cares about you and wants you to be happy.

Everyone says, "things happen for reasons." Surprise.. but I do believe that. Even thought it is painful and makes me suffer.. I appreciate these times when I struggle. It makes me grow and become a better person. I am not afraid of failing because I know there's always someone who's looking after me. These people help me if I make mistakes whether they give me advice or just simply listen to my problems. I feel at ease knowing I have them in my life. We learn more things by making mistakes than being perfect. Struggling is a part of life. If we never suffer, there won't be any time for improvement. We struggle because we want to make our own lives better. We need to realize that it's time to change things. Never blame things on others. You know you are responsible for your own life. Nobody is making your life hard. You are. You can change it if you aren't happy.

"The road was empty, like so many roads we have driven on in my life."

You are the driver and have to chant the magic words :3

You are the painter who cherishes your own life and good deeds. Nobody will make your road full of meaning.

After all, everyone is weak and imperfect. That's why we have each other's back. As we struggle, I'm always here for you. [I feel that I am serious today like a monk.]

P.S. Let me make you cry instead of making you laugh :)

No comments: