6.17.2007

Secret Invaders

It is kinda gross to mention, but I have regular visitors at night in my bedroom. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing sexual.

When I first moved into this apartment last summer, I noticed ants crawling near the radiator by the window in the living room. They went away before I sprayed the pesticide. This summer, they came back. They are creeping by the bedroom radiator. It's simply egregious. My cats don't even get close to them because they bite. Peach accidentally stepped into the ants and he was making a funny move where he tried not to step on them. I was actually expecting Shoni to play with them.. but she seemed very indifferent about ants. What's worse is that there's ants with wings too. I really don't know how to get rid of them besides calling the maintenance folks [which I really don't want to]. It's weird that they appear only at night [some nights I don't even see them at all]. I have no clue where they are crawling into from. Hmm, what can I do to stop my secret invaders who are taking over my bedroom?

I don't know if this superstition is commonly talked about in the US, but this is one in Japan.

If you step on and kill ants, it will rain the next day. I have never been cruel to ants nor killed them before. I really don't know why they are doing this to me. =[ *sigh*

OK, confession... [I meant it when I said I didn't kill ants until.. this happened.] I sprayed Windex several times to kill them... They never give up and it is too blatant to see dozens of ants. The first time I sprayed, I noticed that before I swept up the dead ants, they were all gone. I truly thought my cats licked and ate them all up. That happened several times. Do ants carry dead ants' bodies and eat them?! Where did all dead ants go?? I gotta solve this mystery. xD

No comments: