5.06.2008

You are low-tech like me.

My beloved hand-cleaner passed away about a month ago. My housemate was nice enough to let me use his vacuum cleaner. However, it is OMG though. This very huge vacuum cleaner is so tough to use. For one reason, it's too big to manage the small turns. Not to mention, it took me about 30 minute to realize how it operates. I must say, it's as low-tech as it can ever get. I shouldn't complain, but who the heck would see this retro vacuum cleaner in this high-tech world? I bet I won't be able to buy something like this in Japan, not even 20 years ago. I often notice that the size of vacuum cleaners doesn't compare to how strong they are. It makes a great deal of noise, but leaves stuff on the floors and carpets. I was too used to use my little hand vacuum cleaner for a few years. This makes me sweat as I vacuum the rooms.

I don't know what is the point of this thread. I didn't mean to make fun of this pretty retro vacuum cleaner. I guess... stuff can last and work fine for a long time if you treat them right. Everyone tries to keep up with "new" looks and high-tech materials and easily throws away things which can be used for another few years or even more. Maybe that is why I like to call myself a low-tech person.

No comments: