5.07.2008

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I always have had the hots for Tim Burton movies.
Johnny Depp is one of the most amazing actors.
But who told me this movie was great?!

I was just surprised how musical this movie was. I didn't expect it to be.
The movie wasn't bad. As always, Tim Burton did an amazing job on this film. I liked the storyline. It was sort of a modern-time Shakespeare.

The beginning of it kind of reminded me of Burton's other movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I'm not a big fan of grotesque movies, but I've always liked Burton's since Beetle Juice.

The best part about his movies is that a lot of times he uses Depp as the main character. I'm sort of biased; therefore, I pick movies by who is starring in them.

I just wish the movie would completely get rid of the musical flavor all over it.

No comments: