5.07.2008

street gangsta!

Shoni thinks she's tough, despite the fact she weights less than 5 lbs fully grown. She is definitely smaller than any mature cats you will meet. Now, I remember why I used to call her "street gangsta." Within her small body, she has an enormous power and intimidating attitude. When she was still a kitten, I took her to my friend's. He sort of banned her from his house because she attempted to attack his beloved dog. That is who Shoni is.

Last Sunday, we took her to a nearby park to let her run wild. She is very spontaneous, so must be on a leash. People like to see a cat on a leash for sure. "You walk your cat?!" onlookers ask. "Yes I do," I smile and reply. "She loves being outside." People think she's a little innocent sweetie since she is small. Of course she is a cute thing, unless she starts hissing and trying to protect her territory. It's a public park, goddamnit. She thinks it's all hers from the moment she arrives. She stays hunched down and blends in with the grass. Bam! When people walk by, she does this surprise attacks and runs toward them with full force. It's really fun to watch her behavior in the park.

She tried to scare a dog which was at least 5 times bigger than herself. She ran toward the dog and hissed at it. Her tail got so bushy. I said, "SHONI STOP IT!" Of course, she won't listen. Her 2nd and 3rd attempts still followed after she was scolded. The dog was nice enough not to fight back. I don't know what kinda mind she has. I swear she thinks she is a huge creature like a bear.

Once she gets a taste of the smells and everything outside, she loves to beg me to walk her around my neighborhood. I'll take you to the park once again sometime next week :)

Photos are from the next day. She asked me to take her out. It's in back of my apartment.
This one is for my parents. This is how my place look now :)

No comments: