3.19.2008

Lunch with Elephants

Elephants walking on the street of downtown Baltimore

Shame on me.
At one point or another, everyone learned to get to their destination early.
We have this phrase, "5 fun mae koudou" (get there 5 minute before) in Japanese. For sure, it is today's lesson.

I worked at companies where the time was deadly important. Even throughout my school years, I was told to get to places way before events start and of course, leave after everyone has left.

I SO wanted to see this event, Lunch with Elephants, at Lexington Market. It was sort of a promotional event for Ringling Bros. and Barnum Bailey. They brought their elephants to the market parking lot and fed them. We thought it won't be a long walk to get to the market. When we got there, everything was almost done. I guess the elephants were hungry and ate their lunch fairly quick. I TOTALLY MISSED THE LUNCH WITH ELEPHANTS. It made me sad. (haha)

After the elephants had their lunch, they started walking down the streets of downtown Baltimore to get back to 1st Mariner Arena where they held the circus. They walk faster than you would expect. I had to run down to find a good spot to snap some pictures. They are also very cute. They hold
the tail of the one ahead like kindergarten students would hold each other's hands. No worries, none of elephants got lost.

The picture for this entry is kinda lame :<

No comments: