2.01.2009

Obama 2009

President Barack Obama spoke at Baltimore's War Memorial Plaza on Saturday 
before he headed to Washington, DC for the Inauguration.

The speech was scheduled at 4:15 in the afternoon, but I decided to go out little after 10 in the morning.
Thanks to E for helping me out. He dropped me off in downtown, so I didn't have to look for a parking spot.
Many of the roads near Baltimore's War Memorial Plaza were blocked due to the event.
It was not even easy to get to the place where people waited to get into the War Memorial Plaza before it opened.

President Obama took the train just like Lincoln did when he headed to his inauguration.
He left Philadelphia in the morning, then stopped in Delaware to meet Vice President Biden.
After that he stopped at Baltimore to do his speech before heating to his destination, Washington, D.C.

I swear it was one of the coldest days this year.
Nobody wanted to go with me since I told everyone I was going to get there around 10 a.m.
I don't know if it was worth the wait, since President Obama's speech was so short.
There was no speech from Vice President Biden.
Since I was alone, I couldn't drink or eat until the event was over.
At least after waiting 6 hours for his appearence, I got a nice spot to witness the day.


(L-R) Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Joe Biden, Jill Biden






While I was waiting in the line to get into the War Memorial Plaza in Baltimore, this group of ladies entertained people around them by singing gospel :)

No comments: